The National Academy of Sciences called of the XL ( Accademia Nazionale delle Scienze detta dei XL) and the Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna di Pisa announce a competition for a Prize entitled to prof. Gian Tommaso Scarascia Mugnozza, former President of the National Academy of Sciences and of the Conference of Rectors of Italian Universities. The prize of € 5,000 (tax excluded) will be awarded to a young researcher who discussed the best PhD thesis addressing topics relevant to Plant and/or Agricultural Genetics. The PhD degree should have been issued by an Italian Academic Institution in the twelve months before the dead-line of this announcement.
Deadline for application October 31st,2012
Applicants must send the application and the requested documentation to the administration of the Institute of Life Sciences of Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna di Pisa according to either one of the following procedures:
- a) by e-mail, addressing the application to email@example.com specifying as object “Application to Prize Gian Tommaso Scarascia Mugnozza”;
- b) by regular mail to the address: Segreteria Amministrativa – Institute of Life Sciences, Via Santa Cecilia 3, 56127 Pisa (PI), with documentation possibly in electronic format (PDF on a CD).
For the application sent by regular mail the date stamped by the Postal Office will be considered. However applications received seven days after the dead-line will not be accepted.
Together with the application each applicant must include the following documentation:
- copy of the PhD thesis signed by the supervisor;
- copy of the PhD Degree;
- copy of scientific publications (if any,) derived from the research activity carried out during the doctorate, published in peer reviewed journals;
- copy of a personal identification document.
The prize Gian Tommaso Scarascia Mugnozza will be assigned by a Committee appointed jointly by the Accademia Nazionale delle Scienze and the Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna